Sleeping Village Reviews
In 2018, Ian Corse decided to create an Instagram account so he could bring the world of heavy music a fresh take on reviews. As it turns out, it’s what the people wanted. The account was successful enough to merit the formation of a website later that year. Ian has also brought on a whole host of writers to keep the content flowing.
What’s unique about Sleeping Village Reviews is that it’s not just heavy metal, but all things heavy. You’ll find reviews from genres across the entire spectrum. The only requirement is that the author deems the music “heavy” in some way. What does “heavy” mean? Well that’s entirely up to the author. Sleeping Village Reviews features music from nauseating grindcore to psychedelic shoegaze.
Top Metal Albums of 2019
You can certainly call Ian an authority on metal so we wanted to take the time to discuss some of our top metal albums of 2019. Here’s each of our lists!
- Of Rot and Ruin by Hath
- Infest the Rats’ Nest by King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard
- Second to None by Dream Tröll
- Prokopton by Aephanemer
- Worship the Weird by Sacred Monster
- Deserted by Gatecreeper
- The Ruins of Fading Light by Crypt Sermon
- Walk Beyond the Dark by Abigail Williams
- Macro by Jinjer
- Hidden History of the Human Race by Blood Incantation
- Empath by Devin Townsend
- Gastwerso by Sarke
- Death Atlas by Cattle Decapitation
- Fear Inoculum by Tool
- Absolute Power by Wraith
Top Metal Albums of the ’10s
As we close out the decade we discussed some of our top metal albums from the last ten years! Be sure to check out Sleep Village Reviews full decade list!
- Nightmare Logic by Power Trip
- Stranger Fruit by Zeal and Ardor
- The Satanist by Behemoth
- Where the Owls Know My Name by Rivers of Nihil
- Sounds of a Playground Fading by In Flames
- Everblack by The Black Dahlia Murder
- The Blind Leading the Blind by 1914
- All We Love We Leave Behind by Converge
- Better to Die On Your Feet Than Live On Your Knees by Liberteer