Monica Strut is a professional digital marketer and music journalist. Strut also fronts the Australian dark-rock band The Last Martyr and hosts Being In A Band Podcast, where she provides resources to up-and-coming bands, helping take their careers to the next level.
This week, Monica joins Nate Callens to discuss all sorts of fun topics, including:
- What made her start Being In A Band Podcast and how she helps independent bands?
- What’s one thing that any band can do to help themselves?
- When will clubs, theaters, and sports bounce back?
- How successful will drive-in concerts be?
- When was the last time Monica raised the roof?
- Monica’s thoughts about Nate’s stereotypical references to Australia from TV and movies.
- Are kangaroo fights a thing?
- Jam vs. jelly vs. Jell-O
- When’s the last time Monica had a Vegemite sandwich?
The following The Last Martyr songs are featured on today’s episode:
- Like a Ghost
- Into the Black