The James Hetfield Yeah! Challenge. What the hell is that you ask? It is a light hearted social challenge we created similar to the Smirnoff Ice or Ice Bucket challenges you have seen on social media in the past with a metal twist. Tune in or check the show notes to find out more details.
To celebrate the challenge, we play some Metallica themed games and discuss our new and old songs of the week.
Hard & Fast Rules: James Hetfield Yeah! Challenge
- Select a "Yeah!" from any Metallica song and play it out loud (we recommend this video if you need some inspiration)
- Chug 12 ounces of beer or other liquid (if alcohol isn’t your thing or you’re not of age)
- Imitate to the best of your ability the Yeah! you selected prior to chugging the beer or other liquid
- Tag 3 friends or bands who will have 24 hours to complete the challenge and post video proof
- If you DO NOT complete the challenge within 24 hours you will be subject to a life of shame and dishonor… you brought this on yourself
- OPTIONAL to donate to a charity of your choice. We chose to donate to yourockfoundation.org
- REMEMBER this is for fun… don’t overthink it
Now that you have the rules, let me explain the brief history of the James Hetfield Yeah! Challenge.
It was a hot and muggy weekend in the sprawling metropolis of Bismarck, ND. To the southeast of Bismarck is a small town called Lincoln. My cousin, Brey, owns a house there and this is where I stay when I come up for tattoo appointments. We each had an appointment at Doll’s Studios with our favorite tattoo artist, Lea, on Saturday. Doll’s Studios is in Mandan, ND, which is west of Bismarck (cheers for North Dakota geography people!).
I came up that Friday for drinking, bullshitting and catching up with Brey. He explained that he was enjoying “Icing” his neighbors. When I ask what this was, he said it involved placing a full 12-ounce bottle of Smirnoff Ice somewhere on one of his neighbor’s lawns. When they found the bottle, they had to post a video of them chugging it down to the last drop. It was then their turn to place a Smirnoff on another unsuspecting neighbor’s lawn and the cycle would continue on and on into eternity. He said that it really brought his street together and was a fun way to build camaraderie amongst his neighbors. After hearing this, something clicked and the challenge was born.
Super Metal World has always been dedicated to building a strong and healthy metal community, so the James Hetfield Yeah! Challenge was born. It combines two things we love, metal music and beer. Have fun with it!
We hope it spreads like wildfire and look forward to seeing all the videos. Remember you have 24 hours…