This week Ty chats with Chad Gailey, drummer of Necrot. The band recently released their newest album, Mortal, on 8/28/20.
This week Ty had the pleasure of talking to Chad Gailey of Necrot. Now, if you haven’t heard. This band is one of the hottest death metal bands out there featuring one of the genres most insanely talented drummers. It was a pleasure to chat with Chad. He is soft spoken but what he has to say is meaningful. I think you’ll enjoy this one. If you haven’t given the band a chance yet I highly encourage that you do.
Hear are some of the topics we touched upon during our chat:
- Let’s get technical, what was your drum kit setup for this album?
- What is your role in the songwriting – what new tricks did your bring to the table
- What’s your approach to coming up with a beat?
- Did the global pandemic have any effect on the release of this album?
- Did you feel any pressure following up Blood Offerings?
- Mortal comes in at a brisk 7 tracks, was this the intention from the outset?
- Were there tracks that didn’t make the cut?
- What was the goal with this album?
- What message were you trying to get across in the themes in lyrics?
- The Decibel Magazine Cover
- When did they tell you they were doing that?
- How has that experience been?
Here us chat about all of the above and much more by checking out the full episode!
Luca Indrio – bass/vocals
Sonny Reinhardt – guitars
Chad Gailey – drums